Cloud Security Architect - Contract
Methods are currently recruiting for a skilled Cloud Security Architect to join our growing Cloud function in Central London on a 3 month rolling contract.
We are an AWS Advanced Tier Consulting Partner and our mission is to improve and safeguard public-facing services. We apply digital thinking to ensure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens. Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses - we have a customer-centric value system whereby we focus on delivering what is right for our clients.
We passionately support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share skill sets and solve.
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for defining and implementing security monitoring, and controls within the Cloud Data Centre to ensure alignment with the Security Strategy.
- Researching and supporting design new architectures, including shaping and leveraging key security patterns, to shape enterprise solutions that enable the customer to operate securely whilst exploiting technology to best effect
- Shaping, managing and maintaining Product Security Architecture which supports the customers risk appetite and approach to cyber and information security to feed into the Product Roadmap.
- Delivering system security designs for Cloud data Center, ensuring coherent end to end designs which deliver value to the customer, working with the business areas to ensure cross functional considerations are accounted for and full business benefits are realized
- Ensuring the Security Architecture enables business and CISO needs and that there is business flexibility whilst operating with sufficient protection, supporting and guiding the customer in its adoption of hybrid IT, including cloud services
- Providing credible and impartial advice and guidance to the Infrastructure Product Group Manager and Owners, and identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement. Working with senior stakeholders to ensure controls are applied proportionately enabling the realisation of the customers target architecture
- Supporting shape enterprise strategies, including platform strategies and platform integration design in line with the enterprise security reference architecture
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- The Security Architect must have significant security Architecture strategy and delivery experience from working within Financial Services or government / regulatory body, having previously designed and implemented an approach to security architecture, aligned to Enterprise Architecture frameworks, with current knowledge of industry trends and emerging threats
- The Security Architect must have significant experience of taking security architecture requirements through the architecture process to conclusion; developing security designs (business and system) and architectural artefacts to meet business needs including compliance to security standards, and supporting hybrid IT deployment, cloud services deployment in a multi-sourced resource model.
- The Security Architect must have extensive experience in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), its products features and capabilities including but not limited to IAM, SSO, Config, Lambda, Trusted Advisor, Inspector, Security Hub, Cognito, GuardDuty, KMS, Shield etc as well as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services covering the typical SLDC
- The Security Architect must have strong experience, with a broad range of security technologies, including NextGen Firewalls, DLP, NAC, IDS/ IPS, IdAM, Certificate Management, SIEM (in particular Splunk), Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management.
- The Security Architect must understand the principles of best practice security as embodied in ISO27001.
- The Security Architect must have excellent stakeholder management and consulting skills at all levels; ability to provide expert advice to senior business, technology and security stakeholders on complex changes including technical changes in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to travel to client sites
- TOGAF 9.1 certified
- Professional IT security accreditations (M Inst ISP, CISM, CISSP)
- Competitive Day Rates.